Pages

Friday, July 25, 2014

Setting up bulletin boards - Tips for easy board management :)

I got back in my room again today!  I wanted to get a couple more of my boards put together.  I wanted to share a couple of handy tricks that I use to help me.



One thing I do is use push pins to set up my pieces before I staple them down.  That way I can move them around easily and make sure I've got everything lined up how I like it.




Here's a pic of my AR board all finished:


It's a little fuzzy, but as my kids earn their AR points I plan on stapling a card with their name under their club.

Another trick I use on my boards is... VELCRO!  Velcro is great when you know there are parts of your board that you will be changing up often.

Remember my pin trick?

I lined them all up the way I wanted, but since I know I'll be changing them from time to time, I wanted to use Velcro to attach them.

Here's how I did it:



I used the sticky-back velcro, a little more expensive ($14 at Wal-Mart) but it was much easier to work with.  I cut it to size, then cut down the middle and stuck the two sides together.

  



Then, I adhered the soft fuzzy side to the schedule card and took the backing off the other side.


Afterwards, I lined it back up and stuck it to my board.  I peeled back the schedule card and put in a few staples to keep the velcro in place.



Once I got all the cards up I put a few extra pieces of velcro for special events that would shift my schedule.




Here's my board all finished!  You may notice my jobs - it's hard to see, but i have velcro pieces next to them to assign students with.


Hope my little tips and tricks help you set up your own boards!




1 comment: