Pages

Saturday, February 15, 2014

My take on Reading Workshop!

Who doesn't love reading workshop?!?!  I've used the math workshop model for 2 years now and can't imagine going back to whole group.  I was super excited when I found Clutter Free Classrooms's readers workshop.  I tried it out last year and couldn't quite get it to fit for my kids.  I adapted the idea for my students and they're needs.


My teacher center is Respond to Reading.  We use the leveled readers that come with our Reading Wonders series to teach the 4 skills per week.  My Accelerated Reader center is Enjoy a Book.  My kids do the workbook pages from Reading Wonders in the At Your Seat Practice center.  The last center is Develop Your Writing.  This one is the biggest change since it focuses more on the process writing necessary for our state test rather that the common core.






No comments:

Post a Comment