Pages

Friday, June 7, 2013

Working on Next Year's Theme... OWLS!

So school let out for teachers yesterday and I'm already working on a theme for next year!  If there's one thing I love it's creating a fun & positive environment for my students.

First off, I wanted to make signs for our school rules.  We've been a Whole Brain Teaching school for about 3 years now.

Every classroom has the same rules:
Rule 1:  Follow Directions Quickly!
Rule 2:  Raise your hand for permission to speak!
Rule 3:  Raise your hand for permission to leave your seat!
Rule 4:  Make smart choices!
Rule 5:  Keep your dear teacher happy!

You'd think it might get a bit boring with everyone having the same rules, but it has totally transformed the atmosphere at our school!  If I notice a child in another class calling out in line I just look them in the eye and say "What's rule number 2?" and 9/10 it fixes the behavior immediately.  Child going too high on the swings?  "_____, what's rule number 4??"  LOVE me some Whole Brain Teaching!

Here are the signs I made for my room this year:






You can find these rules at my TPT shop!

Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment