Pages

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Organizing My Geometry Unit

Hey guys!  The big update is almost here for my geometry unit!  It will go live tomorrow morning, but I wanted to share with you how I organized it for my classroom.


First, I like to keep my units in a binder with page protectors. 

Print off the color cover for the binder cover.

I use the black and white cover for my first page.
Table of contents and standards list.
^The reason why the standards look different is because I live in Florida and we "technically" don't have Common Core Standards.  Ours are called Florida Standards... With the exception of a few, they're still word-for-word the Common Core Standards, lol.


 
Next comes the lesson plans!  I like to keep them side-by-side so I don't have to flip back and forth.  I structure my lessons like this:  Page 1 is day 1 and Page 2 is day 2.  Complicated, right?  LOL




I take pictures and print them out of completed activities so I can remember what I did the previous year.  I also print out what I want my anchor charts to look like so as we do them together I can remember what I want to include.



Center directions and materials are kept in the same sleeve until I'm ready to use them.



I like to keep assessments and their keys together as well for easy grading.


Any time I want my kids to take notes I like to have examples of what should be in them.

Here are a few other pictures:








Organizing math units is all about what works for you.  Above is how I put my centers out for display.  I got this nifty sign holder at Office Max years ago.  I like it for centers because if I need to make any tweaks I can do it with dry erase and then wipe it off for next year!

If you'd like to purchase my Geometry Unit, head over to my TPT Store!



No comments:

Post a Comment